The membership of the Massachusetts Institute for Psychoanalysis (MIP) includes MIP candidates in training, students of our post-graduate fellowship programs, MIP graduates of these programs, MIP faculty and supervisors, and members of the greater clinical and academic community with an interest in psychoanalysis.
Membership at MIP is a requirement for candidates, fellows, faculty and supervisors.
Benefits of Membership
Membership at MIP opens doors of collegial, academic, and clinical opportunity. Below are some of the many benefits of joining our psychoanalytic community.
- The opportunity to support and participate in a vibrant group of clinicians and thinkers who are dedicated to the mission of comparative psychoanalytic training, theory, practice, teaching, and life-long, professional learning
- Access to a rich array of Saturday morning programs throughout the year with invited national and international speakers and discussants speaking on varied topics in comparative psychoanalysis
- MIP short courses and Saturday programs are free to the public however we charge non-members for CEs. As a MIP member you will receive professional credits free when offered.
- Access to programs and peer groups sponsored by the Academic Outreach Committee, a committee at MIP that supports interdisciplinary engagement of clinical psychoanalysis with other academic fields
- Opportunities to collaborate internationally through seminars and informal gatherings hosted by MIP’s International Connections Committee
- Opportunities to participate on committees and on MIP’s Board of Directors
- Online access to members-only website resources, the referral listserv, the MIPspace listserv (for announcements, professional questions and space rentals).
- Reduced fees for subscriptions to several psychoanalytic journals
Other Membership Information:
The MIP membership year runs from September 1 to August 31.
Annual membership dues are $495. Reduced fees are also available for alumni of the postgraduate fellowship program for 2 years after program completion and for supervisors who practice outside of MIP’s geographical area.
If the membership dues represent a hardship, please contact the Membership Chair to make an alternative financial arrangement.
The Membership Chair works closely with MIP’s administrator and President to send out annual notices of dues and to notify members whose dues have not been paid. In addition, the Membership Chair is available for any questions regarding membership at MIP.